Health & Social Care
Caring involves working with a range of people in a variety of different situations, such as working with children or people with special needs, caring for the elderly or looking after patients in hospital. Practical experience is an integral aspect of your learning, where you will be given the opportunity to work in a variety of care settings.
During your studies you will gain a broad understanding of numerous health and social care issues, such as promoting health and well-being, physical aspects of health and factors affecting human growth and development.
The College can also tailor its Health and Social Care courses with specialist units to help you choose the right pathway for you.
A variety of learning methods will be used including independent study, group work, presentations, educational visits and practical work placements.
Full Time Courses Available:
- Health and Social Care Level 1
- Health and Social Care Level 2
- Health and Social Care Level 3
Wellbeing and Health Short Courses:
Learners studying on these programmes will need to commit up to 3 hours per week for a period of up to 16 weeks.
Level 2 Certificate in:
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
Upon completion and following discussion with the tutor, learners may progress onto further courses. Please contact the College on 01207 585 900 to book your place.
Also available Apprenticeships:
- Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care/Health Care Support at Intermediate and Advanced Level
- Apprenticeship in Clinical Health Care Support at Intermediate and Advanced Level
What could I earn?