Mental Health & Wellbeing
During these times of uncertainty people can feel overwhelmed with emotion, this can impact on our Mental Health and Wellbeing.
The college Wellbeing Practitioners can be contacted during the working hours of:
- Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm
Phone: 01207 585 915
We can offer:
- One-to-one appointments to discuss any concerns or worries you may have. Flexible services including e-mail or telephone support.
- Referral to specialist agencies, such as counselling services, homelessness support, mental health teams, drugs, alcohol, smoking cessation, LGBTQ+, sexual health services, young/adult carers.
External Mental Health and Wellbeing support:
We work in partnership with various external agencies to ensure access to advice and support in these areas. Weekly drop-in sessions and individual referral to agencies are available.
Telephone Services Available:
- Crisis Team – 08000516171
- Crisis Messenger 24/7 - text SHOUT to 85258
- Samaritans - 116123
- Harbour Domestic Violence Support – 03000 202525
- Homelessness Support – 03000 268000 (Daytime) -01388 722538 (Out of Hours)
- County Durham Drug and Alcohol recovery services - 03000266666
Online Services Available:
Wellbeing Apps Available:
- Hub of Hope
- MyPossibleSelf: Mental Health
- Shine - Self Care & Meditation