Catering & Hospitality
There are many openings in the Catering and Hospitality industry. With such demand for skilled chefs and hospitality specialists, studying catering and hospitality can lead to many exciting employment opportunities.
You will gain a range of skills, enabling you to develop an in-depth knowledge about cooking and preparation methods. Working in the College’s production kitchen you will be able to put your skills into practice. You can also build on your service and customer care skills in the College’s restaurant ‘The Steel House Bistro’ and have the opportunity to work on a range of functions, conferences and dinner events throughout the year. At the same time, you will produce a portfolio of evidence to prove that you have the skills and knowledge required for the catering industry.
You will be assessed by observation, questioning and products of work. You will build up a portfolio of work to support your learning and you will be formally assessed during your work in the college kitchen.
Full Time Courses Available:
- City and Guilds Level 1 Food Preparation and Cooking
- City and Guilds Level 1 Food and Beverage Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- City and Guilds Level 2 Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Food and Beverage Service
- City and Guilds Level 3 Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Hospitality Leadership and Supervision
Part Time courses Available:
For dates, times and costing of Part Time courses, please refer to our Part Time Guide
Also available Apprenticeships:
What could I earn?