Studying Engineering can lead to a variety of exciting careers, with both local and national organisations. Studying with Derwentside College will ensure that you will train in the excellent workshop facilities, with the most up-to-date equipment enabling you to specialise in your chosen discipline.
You will study a range of traditional and modern hi-tech engineering subjects, including the application of new and up-to-date technologies and computer-aided design. You will also have the opportunity to specialise in vocational subjects, such as fabrication and welding, mechanical or electrical/electronic engineering.
You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. The course is as realistic as possible allowing the students to discover new skills and talents be experiencing real engineering.
FREE: You will receive FREE PPE for this course.
Full Time Courses Available:
- Electrical Installation Level 1
- Performing Engineering Operations Level 2 (within this qualification you will study a wide range of skills)
- Electrical Installation Level 2
- Advanced School of Manufacturing Level 2
- Advanced Technical Diploma in Electrical Installation Level 3
- Advanced Specialist Diploma in Manufacturing Level 3
(Progress to an engineering apprentice at Level 3 - Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance, Engineering Technician and Mechatronics)
Part Time courses Available:
- Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation
- Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
For dates, times and costing of Part Time courses, please refer to our Part Time Guide
Also available Apprenticeships:
- Apprenticeship in Engineering at Intermediate, Advanced and Higher Level
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation at Intermediate and Advanced Level
What could I earn?