Health & Social Care
Caring involves working with a range of people in a variety of different situations, such as working with children or people with special needs, caring for the elderly or looking after patients in hospital. Practical experience is an integral aspect of your learning, where you will be given the opportunity to work in a variety of care settings.
The College can also tailor its Health and Social Care course with specialist units to help you choose the right pathway for you.
Full Time Courses available:
- BTEC First Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2
- BTEC Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3
Part Time Courses available:
- Introduction to working in the Care Industry
- Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care/Health Care Support at Intermediate and Advanced Level
- Apprenticeship in Clinical Health Care Support at Intermediate and Advanced Level
What could I earn?
CARE ASSISTANT = £12,500 - £21,000
As a Care Assistant you will help people who have difficulties with their daily activities. You could work with children, people with physical or learning disabilities, older people or families.
HEALTH VISITOR = £26,000 - £35,000
As a Health Visitor you will be an experienced and qualified registered nurse or midwife. Health Visitors work in the community to promote good health and prevent illness and spend most of their day visiting people in their homes, especially new mothers.
ADULT NURSE = £22,000 - £40,000
As an Adult Nurse you will check patients' progress and decide with doctors what care should be given. Nurses also advise and support patients and their relatives.