Health and Social Care Apprenticeship Ref: C37
Health and Social | Salary: £7.50 per hour + travelling expenses
Location: Stanley Area - Driving licence and access to own vehicle is essential
Closing Date: Saturday 31 March 2018
Location: Stanley Area
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a passionate and motivated individual to join the team at TLC Care as a Health and Social Care Apprentice. Applicants must be trustworthy and professional with a kind and friendly manner.
An ability to use your own judgement and resourcefulness is key to success in this role. The apprentice will assist clients to live independently in the community by providing personal and practical care and support.
Duties and responsibilities to include the following:
- Travel to and attend clients’ own homes as scheduled and provide continuity of care for each client visited
- Establish relationships with clients and their families that take regard of clients’ social needs, avoid stress,
reduce loneliness, improve quality of life, and promote independence whenever possible
- Be aware of each of the clients Care Plans, carrying out all of the relevant duties outlined
- Provide personal care for the client including tasks such as personal hygiene, continence management, dressing and general mobility
- Support in domestic assistance such as: laundry, bed making, cleaning, shopping, etc.
- Assist with the preparation and cooking of meals in the client’s home and monitor eating habits and food consumption
- Assist with medication under the guidance of the Supervisor, Senior Care worker, or other qualified person, and / or following suitable training
- Preserve clients’ dignity, rights, confidentiality and security of their property at all times
- Maintain all records in relation to each client in an accurate and timely manner
- Other related duties as required from time-to-time by the Supervisor
- GCSE’s Grade D and above in English and Maths or relevant Key/Functional Skills equivalent
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle is essential for the role
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care is desirable
- Excellent communication, presentation and timekeeping skills
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the needs for strict confidentiality
- Friendly, observant and sensitive with a caring nature and approach
- The ability to work alone and as a member of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to relate professionally and respectively to people with learning disabilities
- Comply with TLC’s policies and procedures relating to Health & Safety, and Quality Assurance
An enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required for this role.
Working Week: 30 hours per week
Commencing Salary: £7.50 per hour plus travelling expenses (£225.00 per week, £11,700.00 per annum)
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and the reference number Ref:C37 to email@example.com
Closing date for applications – Saturday 31st March 2018