Business Administration Apprenticeship x 10 Ref: AD219
Business Administration | Salary: £129.50 per week
Location: Headquarters, Bishop Auckland Police Office, Peterlee Police Office, Darlington and Newton Aycliffe
Closing Date: Friday 24 November 2017
Employer: Durham Constabulary
Locations: Headquarters, Bishop Auckland Police Office, Peterlee Police Office, Darlington and Newton Aycliffe, (with the potential for other locations across the Force Area (please see below).
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a number of Business Administration Apprentices to join Durham Constabulary. It is anticipated that the roles will be based at one of the following locations: Bishop Auckland Police Office, Peterlee Police Office, Darlington and Newton Aycliffe. Therefore applications are particularly welcomed from candidates wishing to work from one of these locations. There may also be the possibility of future Business Apprentice roles at other locations across the wider Force Area.
Exact locations for the roles will be discussed in more detail at the interview stage and candidates will be asked to indicate their location preference(s). Durham Constabulary are particularly keen to receive applications from candidates who can evidence excellent communication skills and are able to demonstrate their initiative, professionalism and the highest levels of integrity.
Duties to include:
- Producing general correspondence, letters, emails, reports and statistical information using IT software packages
- Receiving, sorting and distribution of mail and deliveries
- Retrieving and presenting data using the Force ICT systems
- Providing a customer focused service and responding to enquiries from internal and external customers
- Maintaining and operating efficient and effective record keeping and filing system, ensuring they are updated and items stored, disposed of and retrieved
- Liaising with providers of goods and services to ensure adequate service and supplies to maintain operational efficiency
- Processing accounts and claims including the collection of monies and issuing of receipts and other basic budgetary requirements
- Managing and supporting diary events, arranging and servicing meetings
- Supporting other team members and colleagues
- A basic standard of IT, literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills with a polite, confident and friendly approach
- Ability to undertake a varied workload and be able to adapt and prioritise
- Excellent presentation, organisation and timekeeping skills with a diligent approach to work ethics
- Understand and respect confidentiality and abide by this at all times
- To have a respect for diversity and be committed to the principles of Equal Opportunities
Please note that in the course of undertaking a Business Apprentice role you may have occasional access to both sensitive and potentially disturbing images.
Due to the nature of the work candidates will be required to undertake a rigorous security screening process.
Tattoos: Any tattoo anywhere on the body that is obscene, or advocates sexual, racial, ethnic, or religious discrimination, by written word or design is prohibited and the presence of such a tattoo would preclude an applicant from passing the recruitment process for employment with the Constabulary.
Candidates will be asked to indicate their location preference(s) at interview stage. Please note that preferred locations of work cannot be guaranteed.
Commencing Salary: £6,734.00 per annum (£129.50 per week)
Working Hours: 37 hours, Monday - Friday subject to flexible working time
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV including the above Ref. No AD219 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not re-apply
Closing date for applications – Friday 24th November 2017